Tuesday 26 September 2017

What makes a good student music video?

I have been looking into what makes a good student music video because when it comes to my own music video I will need to consider all of these contributing factor to make my music video the best it possibly could be. Below it is what I believe a good music video should include and an example of the work shown in a students music video;


  • Lip syncing is a major part of the performance section of a music video, it makes the music video flow better and seem more realistic. If the lip syncing is done well it can really bring the music video together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

  • It is also good to make sure that your editing mimics or matches the beat/tempo of the song, stereotypically a more up beat song will have faster editing and a lot more shots compared to a slower song with have slower editing and maybe less cuts between shots. This can be seen from the examples below, the first example is more upbeat compared to the second. 




  • Mise is a big contributing factor to making a good music video, the mise helps to bring the scene together and it can also be the difference between and good and a bad music video. Mise covers things like costume, location, makeup, lighting, colour - every single one of these things are essential to making a realistic music video. 

After considering all of the different contributing factors to what makes a good student music video it will encourage my decisions when it comes to making my own music video, it will also help me to realise the level of detail that I need to include in my own video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment